Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Sewing is my refuge, part 3

I’m getting closer to completion on my vintage sewing kit.

I’ve got 5 of the total 8 star points done:
5 star points and growing!
Well as I get closer to completion, looks like the fabric for the 8th star point is missing (this is probably the one that the original owner attempted).  This is not unusual, as anyone that has purchased vintage patterns knows sometimes a piece can be missing. I’m up to the challenge!

I have this saying whenever I work on something “The only perfect person was Jesus, and look what they did to him!”.  So in my imperfection, I am perfect!  This helps me with my desire to be perfect in everything I do (I know there are others that deal with this).  So my quilt won’t be a “perfect” implementation of the original Lone Star quilt pattern, but it will be perfect for me.

I’ve been contemplating how to resolve this, and have a couple of design options.  This is another case where my engineering skills may have a “real important” practical use in everyday life - 😉

I’ll let you know how it goes!

Happy Sewing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment