Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sewing is my refuge

I don’t know about you but sewing is my place of refuge.  When I’m starting to feel overwhelmed or that I just need a breather from life, I say a prayer and then go to my sewing room.

It keeps my mind and hands busy ; giving me time to breath and calmly look at life.

I told my husband its cheaper than therapy, and I always end up with a finished product; so its a win-win.

So on my trip to the thrift store the other day, I actually found a kit for making a lone star quilt.  Its’ called “Aunt Margaret’s Lone Star Quilt kit.  It came with all of the pieces precut. (I just need to buy the fabric for my background and border.

It was only $4.99, and was on sale for 50% off.  I mean what do I have to loose, by purchasing it.  Besides, it bought back memories of my grandmother and her lady friends getting together in the smokehouse to quilt.

I started working on it this evening:


I’ve got one of the 8 points done, and am very pleased with it.


Good night, and Happy Sewing....

1 comment: