Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Sewing Baby Vintage

Well, I found this amazing Vintage reprint of a Toddler pattern.  Don’t know why but I love these little bubble baby rompers (OMG, did I just sound like my mom!).

Anyway, the pattern is Simplicity 1600:

Here it is: 

Front View A

Back View

 

One thing I changed was to use actual snaps for the straps closure, the pattern calls for Velcro closures, but that just didn’t seem authentic for me.

I will definitely be making this again (but this time I’ll add the bonnet).  One thing I would change is how the ruffles were done.  Instead of using a strip of fabric and hemming on both sides for the length of the ruffle, I’d just make a tube (i.e. sew the ruffle as a single tube).


  This would make the sewing of the 4 ruffles a lot easier and go a lot faster.


I’m off to work on my vintage quilt.....

Happy Sewing.....




No comments:

Post a Comment