Saturday, August 24, 2019

Sewing is my refuge: Completed 8 point star!

Well its done!  The 8 point star is complete!

Turns out I only had enough to complete 7 of the 8 stars.  No problem, right?
I thought about turning it keep it 8 points (by adding fabric to the diamonds); that was going to be too much math and work to implement.

For example 8 stars are each 45 degrees each, so with 7 points I’d need to make each point 51.4 degree’s at the center of the quilt.  Way to much work to add fabric around each diamond to make them a fraction of a degree at the center.  This is supposed to be my refuge; not my 2nd job.

So I found a solid yellow (again at the thrift store), and decided to alternate the pieced diamond with solid yellow diamonds.

The finished quilt will be ~83x83.  I’m going to use 2 of the pieced diamonds to make pillow shames.

I found the yellow from the thrift store also for $1!  And I have a solid white for the background, and floral soft blue print for the quilt border.  All of the fabrics came from the thrift store!  Maybe I should call this the “thrifty quilt”.

All total the quilt and shams come to a total of $36.50.  Not bad!

I was happy I was able to match up the center points pretty well. So I’m very pleased.


Now on to put the final touches on it, so I can quilt it.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment: