Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thank God for the stash!

I've been browsing the sewing/fashion blogs; along with the magazines, and have decided that I want a pair of 'print' jeans. I've always shied away from print jeans but after seeing this layout in InStyle magazine (July, 2012 issue), I decided if Beyonce can do it then so can I ( I mean she's a woman with curves and a rear and is able to pull it off right!):

So for the last couple of weeks I've been on a fashion hunt for printed denim.
This is what I found at JoAnn's the other day:

A acid wash and a paint splatter denim with some spandex in it (great for fitting over the rear). Well after getting my skirt done from the previous blog, I remembered a heavy cotton weight spandex I had purchased a while back to make some capri pants:

What do you think? Maybe I'll add some solid to tone it down a little? I'll be starting with the acid wash first, and then work my way to this. So does anyone have any suggestions!

By the way, As you can tell, I'm catching up on my blogging :).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I lurk on your blog, love your style. I read down to you April entry on Patternfile; Have you found anything else? I started using it, and just photograph all my old patterns, using my laptop as the easel after I've entered the data. Just pop the photos in once downloaded to the computer, and you've got it! I find it quite easy, actually!

    Best to you and your creative style!
    Cherie (cczaplicki@cox.net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherie,

    I started out with patternfile; but, I've switched to using microsoft 1-note for my patterns and magazines. I have a lot of vintage patterns so having the patternfiles didn't really buy me a whole lot since I had to scan in the patterns anyway. (I use to take photos' but by scanning the front and back of the patterns I have easily readable access to the pattern information on the back). I had been waiting on the iphone app to come out; it took a very long time, and I got tired of waiting.

    Since I already had one-note on my computer I didn't need to purchase it. With the one-note I have access to my patterns on my laptop, ipad, and iphone; everything is stored on a skydrive which I can access from anywhere. (The one note app for the phone/ipad are free). Plus there was the added fact that I didn't have to be linked to the network to have all of my pattern information. Which is really great for those places that don't have network access.

    Plus I like that I can give anyone access to my skydrive and they can see all of the patterns/mags I have. I just give my sister access to my skydrive and she can access my pattern repository.

    ReplyDelete