Friday, July 20, 2012

Maturing and "Valuable Time"

I have been a busy bee over the last couple of weeks.  Right after my last post, I went to LA to see my cousin.  While I was there I met up with other seamstresses for a fabric district romp with Mimi.  That was the most fun!  I even got my sister to join me (Finally after 20+ years she has decided to take up sewing!).  I fell in love with the garment/fabric district.  The NY trip prepared me for it!



A snippet of one of the many blocks in LA garment/fabric district

BY THE POUND!!!  We found the Michael Levine's outlet store; Can you say Sewing Heaven!!! We found a couple of designer pieces here.  You just have to be willing to dig.  And they'll cut it if you only want part of piece!
 Since then I've been sewing, sewing, sewing.  I've made a couple of dresses, a petticoat for my vintage dresses, started on some pants, etc.   I'll have to post the pictures later (I'm trying to convince the hubby I need a camera with a remote; he's almost convinced).

In the meantime, as most of you may remember, I've been going thru an organization phase.  Well I got my patterns put into Microsoft onenote and got a fabric stash binder completed.  Then I decided it was time to organize the magazines.  I have all of my magazines (Burda and Patrones) in magazine holders.  I have a stash of Burda Mags from about 1998 to current.  Anyway I'm discovering with maturity (SMILE), that I just don't have the patience to thumb thru the magazines to look for a pattern; so I figured why not put the line-drawings for my Burda's in Onenote, and then I can just look thru those from my laptop, iphone, or ipad.  So I've been in the process of scanning those in.  So far I have the scans from the current back to 2009 (and still going):

 
Scanned line drawing (jpeg) for Burda.  The URL for magazine archives is at BURDA


Line drawing in Microsoft OneNote
 So now I can scan thru my Burda mags to see if there is a pattern in Burda that meets my needs, no matter where I am at.  (eventually, I'll add text to the pages so that I can do searches).

NOTE: If any of you are interested in accessing the line-drawings please let me know and I will make them available to others.  Also, if some of you are interested, I found another link for looking at the line drawings and pictures (it seems more organized than the Burda site).  Burda Online Magazines; its in Russian; so I've included the link via Google translator.  It also has line drawings/pix for La Boutique, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment