Tuesday, July 24, 2012

By the Pound

Well I finally made a skirt from one of the "by the pound" pieces. It was a designer fabric. The fabric was a light weight sheer chiffon. It was over 8 yards of the fabric and cost me about $7.

I used 3 widths of the fabric, and a light weight brown to underline it. For the waistline I just did 2 rows of elastic: 


I did a one inch deep double roll hem (to add a little weight at the bottom). Talk about taking forever - approximately 180 inches of hemline!

I have a wide elastic belt with metal buckle that I paired up with it:


The skirt is light and airy. I wanted to run around outside and let it just blow in the wind.

I found a black cowl neck top at TJ-MAXX, which worked out nicely:

 BTW, guess what my sister saw at Marshall's in Texas!  A designer dress made from the fabric that I purchased at Michael Levin Fabric Store. 
I think I like the skirt version better.


Happy Sewing . . . .

1 comment:

  1. The skirt came out so great! I love it on you and I love the belt with it. Looks fabulous, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete