Well I decided I needed to make a petticoat slip to go with my dresses (rather than lining of each dress). So my sewing group leader recommended that I go to a little store known as Allyn's Bridal shop.

It's actual name is Allyn's Millinary and Bridal Supply. Its located at 2306 East 6th Avenue, Denver, CO. This store has been here for at least as long as I've been in the Denver area. I've never really gone in; primarily because I just assumed it specialized in bridal related wear only.
Boy was I wrong! I went in to get some light weight tulle to make my petticoat. But when I went in I saw all types of supplies for hat making and bridal wear. There was ribbon in all styles and widths. I purchased some of the extra wide gross-grain. I saw lace which made me have flash backs to the smocking and heirloom sewing I used to do for my daughter! I've already made a mental note; that the first grandkid will have a smocked outfit from G-ma.
There were also some of the most beautiful fabrics you could imagine! The store was stocked from floor to ceiling in all types of silks, laces, knits, etc. Each time you turned into one room there was another room just around the corner filled with fabric. I never knew this place existed in Denver.


Pictured are two of the many rooms of fabric. I will definitely be heading back here. I spotted this piece of silk fabric, that I have got to go back and get; now that I know what I want to make out of it :).

So if you are in the Denver area go by and check it out.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment