Monday, July 30, 2012

One More Piece of Organization . . .

Well, if you've been reading my posts I've been all about organizing my sewing room.  I've got my patterns, and magazines done.  Now onto the last item my stash.  I have a fabric stash notebook, but I needed a better way to organize the new additions to my stash.

My biggest problem has been that when I buy new fabrics, I don't have a way to track the specifics of the fabric.  Then, as Oprah would say, I had an A-Ha moment.  I'm carrying all of this technology with me, why not make use of it.

When I decide to purchase a piece of fabric; as it is being, cut I take a quick snapshot of the end of the bolt with the fabric description, and of the fabric on the table.  (If its a bolt that doesn't have the information on the end of the bolt then I just turn my recorder on my smart phone and record the information so I can write it down later).

When I get home I just add the picture and bolt information to my fabric entry in Microsoft One-note:



An I-Phone, I-Pad, and Microsoft Office One-note have awaken the desire to become more organized with my sewing time.  The more time I save by organizing, means more time to sew!!!!

Now I'll have access to my patterns, magazines, and stash from anywhere by computer, phone, or ipad.  Yipee!!!!!

Happy Sewing. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment