Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Dress is Done

Well, prom is over and I get the dress done just in time. I started with a size 10. Need less to say I ended up adding about 4 inches to the overall length, and had to adjust the bodice. She really loved the dress, and said she wants another one for college (In case she has a formal to go to).

This is a front view of the dress. She is so much taller than all of her friends, that when she takes pictures with them she has a tendency to slump over to their height. (I remember doing the same thing when I was her age.)

Here is a picture of the back of the dress:

I can't believe it by the end of the month my youngest will graduate from high school! I must admit I will definitely miss having her around. My husband and I are working on finding a new way of life, now that there will be no more kids in the house.

Now I'll have tons of time to sew. My daughter has already given me a project. Snugglies for her and her college roomate with the college logo embroidered on them. If anyone is interested, I found a pattern at SNUGGLIE.

I know she's growing up because she even went out and bought the fleece for it, and cut it out for me. She said she would have sewn it, but didn't know how to turn on or setup the sewing machine. Before she would have never done that, she always said "why do I need to sew when I can tell you". Oh well, "TIMES, THEY ARE A CHANGING".

3 comments:

  1. WOW she looks beautiful in this dress. You have done a fantastic job. The fit is perfect and the color is so rich!
    Thank you for sharing the Snugglie pattern. That looks like something my daughter and I could
    definitely use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when my son left for college I was missing him! Well he will be home in a couple of weeks for summer break.
    That dress looks beautiful on your dd! That color looks great on her!What a wonderful job you did on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks absolutely stunning, perfect fit, perfect colour, you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete