Friday, April 17, 2009

Guinan's in the house

A co-worker of mine retired, and is a very BIG Star Trek fan. So for his retirement celebration, we did a "Star Trek" skit written by my manager. I got to be Guinan. Needless to say I couldn't find a pattern so I had to make my outfit. The dress was McCall's 5512:

To make the dress I lengthened it to just past the knee. Also I didn't put lining in it, since this was one of those "only to be worn once" type outfits.

The hat is from Butterick pattern 3664 (OOP). Its View E without the Brim, and a large circular piece added to the top (A popcorn can tin was used as the pattern for the top). I used two layers of cardboard to give stiffen the top and give it shape.
By the way have you seen the news..., There's snow in Colorado and lots of it!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the outfit.
    That snow just shouldn't
    be there :)I'm hoping we are done with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know that you gave me the confidence to make a Guinan creation. With the help of my husband it was a success. Thanks for posting the patterns!

    ReplyDelete