Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Spring dress

Well I decided to do something in a springy print. This pattern is Vogue 8555. I found a flowerful print at the quilt shop, and decided I wanted to try it out in this pattern:

It's very comfortable. I didn't have to do much alterations; I decided not to put the pockets in the dress. I do think I'll make it a size smaller next time though, I think the pattern ran a little large in the bodice. But I most definitely will be making it again.

Now for my next project:

Vogue 2891 for my daughter's senior prom; I've got 2 weeks to get it done! One alteration I've already got in mind is to bring up the back skirt some, so there isn't as much back out.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. nice dress Sandy.... fabric is perfect for this model, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHoooo Sandy, your dress is really lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for those spring dresses!! You choose fantastic dresses!! Love them...

    ReplyDelete