So I have decided to call these quilts my "2020 Survival Quilts" . I don't know about everyone else, but everything that has gone on this year is taking its toll on me mentally.
So sewing has become my therapy. I've been averaging a quilt top every 2 weeks or so. Ive been doing this since about September timeframe.
I call this part 3 but this is actually my 6th quilt top. The first 3 were lap quilts. But for some reason I just don't feel like that size is very usable for me. I tend to do quilts that are queen/full size. These latest quilts are 80 inches in size or larger. I like for my quilts to be "used" by the people that received them. I learned that I am a "UTILITY" quilter; meaning that I like for my quilts to be "utilitized". (Don't you love the sound of that 😀).
My husband asked me what were we going to do with all of these quilts. I told him I haven't thought that far yet! However, I do think I've just about got him convinced that he needs to invest in a Long Arm quilting machine for me. My husband even mentioned that it could be an investment towards retirement. Plus with as many quilts I'm making, its cost well over the monthly note for a long arm quilting machine.
Now onto quilt #3:
I saw this pattern on a stroll thru instagram, and fell in love with the pattern. It's called "Bright Hope" from Blue Bear Quilts":
![]() |
| Image from www.bluebearquilts.com |
During my 2020 survival journey I've had a couple of goals in mind:
- Learn to use my Electric Quilt 8 software
- Use my Accuquilt cutter to cut out my design as much as possible (I own all of the qube sets, so I can create just about any block design.
- Use as many of my exsting fabric stash as possible.


No comments:
Post a Comment