Thursday, October 15, 2020

Quilting part 2

 So here is my 2nd quilt completed during these pandemic/unrest times.  My sewing is what is keeping me sane.  Its become my therapy!

This is my second quilt in this journey of learning my Electric Quilt software.  This time I set the blocks on the diagonal, in an attempt to reduce the amount of bias edges.

Quilt Design in Electric Quilt

I love the fact that I can scan in images of my fabric to get a somewhat true vision of the final quilt.

Here is the actual completed quilt.  It measures 86x86, and will go off to the quilter on Monday with 2 other quilts.

Photo of completed quilt

This quilt was done using sttip peicing and making half-square triangles and quarter-square triangles. I am so excited that the quilt looks like the EQ image.

Photo of completed quilt taken outside 

I've already started the third one.  I designed it in Electric Quilt and will be using my Accuquilt dies to do the actual cutting. At the rate I'm going it should be completed in about 2 weeks.

If I keep paying a quilter to do the quilting, I may as well look into buying a longarm machine.  I figure by the time I pay the 10th quilt to be quilted, my husband will be agreeable to it. 

So 3 down, 7 more to go! 😉


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment