Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The T-Shirt Quilt, amongst other things

Yes I'm still here!

This past couple of months have been stressful and challenging.

I just recently started a new job at a new company.  So I'm going thru the normal transition period. My former employer is going thru a lot of churn/change.  It's still hanging in there; but folks are leaving fast.  It is currently up for sale.

As for me, my stress levels went down tremendously!  I can even focus on my sewing again.

Also, my last one has left the nest!  She is out in the big blue world, on her own.  Praise God she got the hospital residency that she wanted (BTW, she's a pharmacist), and loves her job and the environment.

My parents and my daughter at her graduation.

As I get adjusted to her not being here; I was cleaning out her room and getting rid of un-necessary clothing.  She had lots of t-shirts from her days on the Women's basketball team at University of Wyoming.  Voila!  Look out T-shirt quilt, here we come. Here's the finished quilt top.

The T-shirt Quilt
 My daughter wants me to turn it into a lap quilt; but I think this one is destined to be a wall hanging.  The girl is over 6 feet tall!  I'm not feeling a lap quilt.  Besides I just did a rag quilt for her that was a twin size!  My husband says she's just spoiled.

Since each logo was a different size; I just sort of filled in the gaps with diagonal strips till all of the
rows were the same size. Now I've just got the quilting left to do.  I've been trying to perfect my machine quilting technique on small potholders.  This will be my first piece of some size.

Now that I've gotten my life back, expect to hear more from me.

Happy Sewing . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment