Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Prima Diva Wallet

I found this wallet pattern at a little quilt shop in Provo, Utah.

Its called the "Prima Diva Wallet".  I love it!!!  I had been looking for something that I could
put "EVERYTHING" in.  If you are like me you have more cards (credit and store loyalty) than you have space for in your wallet. Then there is the checkbook, coins and cash bills too.  I had not been able to find something compact enough to carry everything until I discovered this.

My version of the Prima Diva Wallet filled with belongings

Photo from Sew Many Creations  (sewmanycreationsny.com)

I made mine out of an ethic print in a bold colors.  It holds everything I need and even fits into my Fossil Crossbody Bag.  Whoopee!!!!  I love these so much that I will be making more of them.  All of the women in my family will receive them as presents. That's 6 total on my sewing list.

My only regret is that I didn't do the loops for a chain.  So I will be doing that on all of the new ones; and I'll be making another for myself.

The wallet went together very easily.  There are very detailed instructions for the construction, and a step by step sewalong that was hosted by the designer of the wallet on her blog: "Prima Diva Sew-Along",  I used fabrics from my stash.

I purchased the wallet closure from Sew Many Creations Etsy Shop.  It comes in silver, brass, and burnt antique.


The most difficult thing to find was the Pellon Decor Interfacing.  I was able to find it at Hobby Lobby in the weight that I needed.  Also, I think you could just as easily use mini binder clips
 that you can get from staples instead of the Clover clips.

One thing that I did do was to make plastic templates for all of the pattern pieces using quilting template plastic.  This made it easier for me to keep track of all of the pieces, and will make it easier to complete the others.


2 zippered compartments

2 credit card holders areas that have over 12 slots

There are two compartments for bills, and between each compartment is are storage area's
To see photo's of other wallets

Now on to complete the other 6 wallets!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment