Saturday, December 26, 2015

Fabric Friday: AccuQuilt GO!



I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Although I haven't done much posting, I have been sewing.

For the holidays, I went to Omaha, NE to visit my boys.  As we were driving down I-80, I saw the AccuQuilt sign.


Its the main headquarters! So I called the number from the Quilters Traveler Companion (Yes, I own one of those thick books!) And they offer tours! So you know what I did right.
I took the AccuQuilt Tour!  Even though it was rainy that day; I've never been known to let a little rain get in the way of me and something sewing related!

It was a quick tour of their Quilt Exhibit (which changes regularly) and the Design Center.  The folks there were beyond friendly.  I got an opportunity to meet the owner and CEO!  As I went on the tour, they allowed me to take pictures!


The theme for the current quilt exhibit is "Quilts of Valor" (Go to http://www.qovf.org for more information)  Behind sliding glass doors is a mini-exhibit hall!
Here are some of the quilts that were displayed in the mini-exhibit:

After that I was taken to the Design Center.  All I can say is, I fell in love with this part of the tour.
There were multiple sewing machines: Bernina, Janome, etc.  And of course there was the AccuQuilt machines.  Every machine that AccuQuilt makes was in the room and hundreds of cutting dies!



Needless to say this was my favorite room!

I got an opportunity to visit the warehouse, and in the main entrance you see samples of quilts made using the AccuQuilt dies.
I thoroughly enjoyed the short tour.  I of course came home with the AccuQuilt Go!. I love the design and portability of the machine. I'm familiar with AccuQuilt from my scrapbooking.  They have a machine called AccuCut that is used for paper scrapbooking.  I used the AccuCut machines at my Local Scrapbook store, prior to their closing.  When they closed, I purchased a Sizzix and Cricut Original to use at home.  I'm expanding these to use in my sewing.
Picture from AccuQuilt.com
And when I spotted the two dies for Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam, I had to get those.  These were my grandmother's most used quilting patterns. 

This will definitely be greatly used in my quilting; as I am currently working on quilts for my kids and to "spruce" up my house.

As we were making our trip back, I discovered a cute quilt shop in Ogallala, NE; which will now become a regular stop on our trips to Nebraska.I bought a couple of pieces of fabric, etc.  I'll post about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment