Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A little prep work . . .

So this weekend, my husband decided to take a little trip to see our daughter.  That meant I
had the opportunity to "cheat" on him.  Yes I said it!  

I admit it and I'm not ashamed.  It was me; alone with my patterns, my sewing machine, fabric, and scissors.  I spent the entire weekend cutting out patterns!!!! In preparation for next weekend.

So what did I cut out?  I'm glad you asked.

First was Simplicity pattern 1278:
I hd already done an initial fit on view C of this one.  So I'm doing a second muslin of the top to make sure all is well.  So I cut out the muslin.

Then there was Butterick 6326:
This one I haven't made yet.  So I cut out a muslin of view B.   I always have to lengthen my dresses and skirts and alter them in the waist/hip area.

Once I've got my muslin done this week.  I'll make these out of the following:


Next I went to my tried and true turtleneck dress pattern.  It is a vintage turtleneck top pattern (Simplicity 5185) that I lengthened into a dress back in 2015.  Well those dresses have seen better days.  Its now time to replace them.  I cut the first version out of a knit hounds tooth that I found a couple of years ago on the "red-tag" table at Joann's:
This version of the dress is just blow the knee.
Then I had a black and white knit that would look great in a maxi version that I can wear with boots:
So here is the stack of my cut patterms.  You know before you cut the fabric, it looks like a hugh amount. But afterwards it always appear mor manageable.

Another thing I did was to buy several mailing tubes.  I trace all of my patterns and then do the alterations on the traced patterns.  Well its always been an issue of how to keep the traced patterns.  So I figured Id start storing them in mailing tubes like these:

I'll let you know how it turns out ......

Happy Sewing . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment