Monday, November 8, 2010

And what else did you do at the Quilt Festival

Glad you asked :)
We went back on Sunday after church for part 2. My mom found several fabrics with scriptures printed on it to use in her quilts.

I found the most amazing booth with vintage fabrics and even patterns. So of course I couldn't leave without getting a couple of them (BTW my sister also got a couple! - she's now determined to learn to sew.)



I also found these really neat fabric mini-bolts to help me organize my fabric stash (Yes, a seamstress can dream of organization; even though it may only be a dream). These are from a company called Polar Notions. It is designed for the quilter, but I've just done some of my other fabrics, and it freed up considerable space. I bought 20 each of the standard size (11" tall) and fat-quarter (5" tall) . The larger ones can hold up to 15 yds of quilt fabric. I hate to admit it, but my stash is to big, so I'll be ordering more
:

Oh and I met the author of the Fashionista Doll book. (I was star-struck again :) ). Needless to say my sister convinced me that she needed another doll to replace the one I made her many years ago. So I purchased the fabric to make one. I'm such a sucker when it comes to my sister!

We've decided to go again next year. Not only was the quilt conference fun, but it was great for just us girls to hang out.

3 comments:

  1. très jolies photos, j'aime beaucoup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those patterns especially the Pierre Cardin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of you:)
    You enjoyed many of the treasures offered in your country. There's nothing here that .....

    ReplyDelete