So I decided this year to get my own sewing gifts for Christmas, and since I'm doing it myself; I don't have to wait to Christmas.
So what did I get:
As you can tell I'm still in the process of padding to my size. My instructor with my sewing group is going to help me with the padding to get it to more to my size in the hip area. (I'll have to post the pics once we get it customized, and tell you about my amazing sewing group!).
- A Singer 500A! Yes I needed this like I need 6 inch stilleto heels (if you didn't know I'm 6 feet tall).
I just fell in love with this machine earlier this year! It just looked so "space-agey". And me being a tech-geek, and sci-fi groupie, I just couldn't resist it.
- I'm so excited! I also have a 401A that I found at a thrift store for $20. Both work excellent. I love the older ones for topstitching, and sewing heavy fabrics.
I've learned to keep one setup with topstitch thread at all times. (It's so great not to have to re-thread my machine just to topstitch).
My story to my husband will be that I rescued a machine from winding up on the streets. His take is "doesn't your other machine do everything that one does". But I feel I'm doing my little bit to make sure all the sewing machines in the world feel loved and wanted (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).
- I got a Koala Treasure Chest Sewing studio with the extended height (YEA!). Its a dream come true for someone 6 feet tall. No more back ache from bending over. My sewing shop offered a very good discount, as they are replacing all of their Koala tables, and I didn't have to deal with the shipping fee they charge. It's made my sewing space look so much bigger.
- My best gift was that after attending the quilt show, my sister has now taken sewing lessons, and has joined the American Sewing Guild. Woo Hoo!!! Now me, my mom, and my sister are addicted to sewing. She's even set up her own sewing room! I told her now she can play with the "big dogs".
I'm working on a couple of projects and will post pictures over the next week.
Happy sewing everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment