All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS! This is more than I could have imagined! Myself, my mom, and sister just did our first day, and it was totally amazing. We didn't get to see all of the quilts because it was just overwhelming. I'll get to see the remainder on tomorrow.
I say my former friend, because my sister has decided to learn to sew, so I bought her with me to meet my sister and see her new home! BTW, while I was here I convinced my sister to join the Houston Sewing Guild!
I saw a quilt called "My Wyoming Valley" made by a quilter in Laramie, Wyoming. I had to take a picture to send to my daughter, because she's a U of Wyo cowgirl, and I know she is going to love it!
BTW, I met Eleanor Burns! I love her books. I've been working on a quilt from her Underground Railroad Sampler book, and am starting a Sunbonnet Sue quilt in honor of my grandmother from one of her books.
My mom and sister were just laughing at me, they called me a "quilt-star" groupie :)
Oh by the way, I didn't come to Houston alone. My former friend "Louise" came with me:
Oh well, gotta go get my rest, we're up early to see the remainder of the Quilt show on tomorrow.
Sounds like a lot of great things to see and always some one "famous" to meet :))))))
ReplyDelete