Friday, October 29, 2010

Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's off to the Houston Quilt Festival I Go!!

Well, guess what, my sister and I decided we'd take my Mom to the International Quilt Festival in Houston this year! I'm excited.

My mom makes a lot of quilts that she gives to family, and sales at craft shows, etc. She calls it her "funny" money. I thought it would be great to take her to the quilt show, so she can see the artwork that can be done by quilting. I'm hoping we will be able to get into a class (don't know though since I waited late to decide to go).

I'm taking a dressform to give to my sister, and will be bringing back plenty of fabric I'm sure (so I'm taking a empty suit case ! :)

My mom and I tend to "enable" each other when it comes to sewing. My sister is just learning to sew, hopefully she will act as a "neutralizer", but who knows.

So off to the quilt show I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment