Friday, July 31, 2009

The Snugglie is done

Well, I have now finished two snugglies. One for my daughter and one for her future roomie.

I also put the Wyoming team logo on the snugglie. So she'll be pleasently surprised when she see's the logo on it. It's the first time I've used the embroidery function on the Bernina, and I was very pleased with it.


I wanted to give you an idea of the snugglie on someone; so I tried to model it. But its difficult to take a picture of yourself in a blanket; but here it is:


Maybe when she gets back I can get her to actually model it for me, and take some pix.
Meanwhile I spent a good chunk of my time cleaning my sewing room. When I get to a point where I can't find stuff, I figure its God telling me to cleanup. So I listened to God. It'll only last till I start the next project, but at least it was in order for a brief moment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see you've made a snugglie! My niece, who is in grad school, just asked me to make her one!

    Would you mind sharing the details of how you made the two you've completed? Did you improve the idea or technique as you started the second one? I'd really appreciate your suggestions!

    Your Bernina embroidery looks really nice. I'll have to think of what I can do...

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,

    Its a real simple project, and quick. I posted some of the things I did on my blog, in case anyone else were interested.

    ReplyDelete