Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vogue 7377 - OUT OF PRINT


PATTERN ENVELOPE


Front of outfit


Back of outfit


Fabric: Stretch Denim

Pattern Description:
Semi fitted unlined jacket has front yoke, flaps, front princess seams, collar, long two-piece sleeve with contrast, button cuff and button front closures. Close fitting top has front princess seams, invisible side zipper
and back eyelet, cording closure. (Also has pants and skirt)

NOTE: did not use the skirt from the pattern but one from BWOF magaine (will post review of that seperately)

Pattern Sizing:
size 14,16,18 (made in size 14)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
This is definitely an advanced pattern. For non-advanced sewers, recommend reading thru the instructions prior to beginning construction

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
All I can say is that I REALLY like this pattern and the fit of it. Can't wait to make it again!

Fabric Used:
Used a stretch denim fabric from my stash, and a grey cotton for lining and underside of cuffs

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I chose not to put buttons/snaps on the jacket, I think this made it look less casual. Also did all of the topstitching in matching thread.
I chose not to use the skirt from the pattern, but one from one of my
old BWOF mags (will post review seperately). I wanted a very straight/fitted skirt, that was very long. This one fit the bill.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, (just looking for the right fabric ) If you should have
this pattern, it is well worth the time and effort.

Conclusion:
I was really pleased with the outcome of this suit. I love the fit. Very
happy that I decided not to use the pattern skirt from the pattern; but a different one.

The top does have a side zipper, so I'm not tightening/loosening the cording in the back. I just adjust it if I feel it needs to be loosened, etc.; Most of the time the cording is never untied, so I've knotted it into a bow.

No Complaints on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment