Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yes, Mom's can be a bad influence :) - in a good way!

Well, when I get stressed out, tired, or just need a break I sew. It used to be for the kids, but now that the last one is leaving home, I am sewing mostly for myself.


Anyway, I was talking to my Mom about how it's hitting me that my daughter is leaving, and how I find my self looking at older model sewing machines, and was thinking she could give me insight.


Well what did I do that for, she told me how she was walking thru a thrift store and saw two machines, and she had to pray that they NOT follow her home. She already has 4 machines. She said its so sad that she can only use one at a time :).


So while we were talking I decided to walk thru the thrift store. What did I spot, not a sewing machine, but patterns! I ended up leaving with 3 Advance patterns, 1 Knit-n-Stretch (half slip), an apron pattern, etc. I left with 10 patterns all total, all vintage. Not bad at 49 cents a piece.


I told her she was such a bad influence on me, but in a good way! All I can say is what would I do without my MOM, and her influence on me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Unfortunately, while I'm in Denver, I don't have a car so I won't have the time to check out Denver fabrics...not that I need to buy any more fabric LOL. I have been reading about sewers finds in thrift stores. I'll have to check out a few when I get back home. Take care!

    dressed2atee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete