I had a question about the snugglie, and some of the things I learned from the first go round.
The pattern I used was found at Snugglie. The first time I made the snugglie, I made the armholes too big. So the 2nd time around, I made a template for the armholes. I then measured the circumference of my armhole template and made sure that my sleeve pieces were only 1 inch wider than the measurement of my template. ( I allowed for 1/2 seam allowance on my sleeves).
The other thing I did was to put a serged rolled hem all around the edges using wooly nylon thread. My daughter wanted a "finished" edging on her snugglie. I did it in the same color as the polar fleece that I used. (If you zoom in on the picture you can see it).
That's all there was to it. It was very simple, the longest portion was doing the serging the edges
No comments:
Post a Comment