
I think this dress is just adorable. I've got some fabric in my stash slated for this.

This reminds me of the dress that Michelle Obama wore; I believe it was on the View. But I'm actually liking the two piece (view B and view D).
In the meantime since my last post I've been busy. I've got a couple of garments done, and have been working on the quilt for my son.
Oh yes, I met the most amazing lady at the quilt shop this month. She and I have made a pact to complete the following "monthly block" quilt:
This is a design by Sue Garmen, called "The Night Before Christmas". What better way to keep the Christmas spirit year round, than to work on a Christmas quilt! So wish me luck on this one. I'm excited. I'm planning to use a lot of those scraps that I just can't seem to throw away. I'm making a vow to myself to each month post the completed block on my blog. Between my quilting partner and my commitment to the blog, I think this should keep me accountable.I'm also going to be teaching our community ladies group how to sew. We'll be starting at the end of February. I've decided to do a lap-size quilt, just to introduce the women to the basics.
I also got the local scrapbook store to agree to do an intro class for our group. Scrapbooking is another vice for me.
Well, this is it for now.
Sandy .- your choice is great. I love the white suit. very interesting project quilt. success.
ReplyDeletegreetings, Paco
I have my eye on those two patterns, also. I've already marked my calendar for February 6th, when Butterick goes on sale for 1.99 at Joann's in my area.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are back in blogland!
ReplyDeleteI wish you luck with the quilt even though you won't need it.You can do it!