By the way here's a pic of my family (me, my husband, my youngest son, my oldest son, and my daughter):
So this is my fabric purchase from Denver Fabric. The 1st was a rayon spandex blend, the burgundy is a micro-pleated fabric, then a stretch cotton, and finally a golden silk dupioni.
I've decided to make the micro-pleated fabric into this outfit from BWOF 7/99, item number 101:
Finally my "re-do" of my sewing room; mind you I am still in the process of getting it straightened out. The room is actually a combination sewing/scrapbooking room. See all the scrapbooking supplies on the shelf & my most loved scrapbooking item a Cricut. (My husband has a stack of pics/articles for me to scrap from the kids basketball years).
I finally went thru the bins I had with fabric in them. I discovered "out of site out of mind" means you forget what you have; so this time around I'm placing them in FULL view on hangers in the closet. I'm also giving some to charity.
My pastor gave me boxes of sewing notions, etc that belonged to his mother when she passed away. His wife remembered that I was an avid sewer and thought they should go to a good home, so needless to say I have more notions that I will ever use.
Also in the process of my moving rooms, I located two quilts that I had been working on but forgotten (remember that "out of site, out of mind"). The first is Jacobs Ladder pattern, it was to be a gift for my sister when she was single. I just have the quilting to finish (I was having a hand quilting moment). Now she's married, so I told her that she and her husband will have to cuddle up under a twin size.
This is one I was working on for my niece (rail fence pattern). The yellow print has bluebirds on it. Its a lap size quilt, something for her to use when they travel to her maternal grandmothers house. I was having another hand-quilt moment, but its just a lap-size so won't take long to finish up.
Well I think I've blogged enough for the day. Besides, I've got to give my family some overdue hugs!
What a wonderful Christmas gift!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Sandy .- beautiful gifts and lovely family photo. much happiness for all in the new year.
ReplyDeletePaco
Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise and such a nice gift!