Saturday, January 10, 2009

Something quick to cook

This is indirectly sewing related. The other day I had decided to sew, but of course that was interrupted by the fact that my family was hungry (how dare they interrupt my sewing and have the audacity to use the excuse of hunger!). Anyway, being the good mother that I am I stopped to fix something to eat. I found this recipe in the Sunday coupon section and decided
it was the perfect time to try it. The recipe was "Spaghetti with Szechuan Peanut Sauce"
  • 12 oz of spaghetti
  • 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cooked
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup sweet chili Thai sauce
  • 4 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions
  • 5 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
  1. Cook and drain spaghetti
  2. Cut cooked chicken into cubes
  3. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Add sauce and chicken to spaghetti and mix until evenly coated. Garnish with additional cilantro if you desire.
The family really liked it. We were all pleasantly surprised that it tasted so good. The longest part of the preparation was cooking the chicken breast. I chose to cut up the chicken breast prior to cooking, this cut down on the cooking time. Ive decided to post the recipe here so that I don't loose it.

Well off to more sewing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment