Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's been awhile....

Well, its been a while since I've posted. I've been working on my to do list for this year. First of all I've gotten my daughter's Basketball scrapbook well on its way. This is her senior year of high school and seems like it's going by quickly these last couple of months. Her team is in the sweet 16 of the high school playoffs. They've won the state championship the past 2 years. So keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I've got a Cricut machine, and just recently bought the SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software. I'm so excited I just created my first cutout using it for my daughter's scrapbook:



On to my sewing, I've been busy. I've been working on my first block of the Christmas quilt. I'll post it when I am done.

I've also gotten the quilt top done for my son's quilt. I had a bunch of African print scraps that I wanted to use; so I did the rail fence pattern. I'll have to post the picture later since the quilt is queen size (my son is 6'5"), I've got to find a place to hang it up first. But its coming.

Also, I've decided to teach a beginning sewing class (actually quilting) to a group of my lady friends. We start next weekend.

Oh and this is a snapshot of a outfit I did for the Christmas celebration at work. I was supposed to represent the Kwanza Holiday. So I made this skirt set. The skirt is elastic and goes to the floor. The top is Simplicity 2702. I just shortened it to be a top.

Well that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment