Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Marilyn Monroe did not live in Colorado!

Well, today I discovered why Marilyn Monroe didn't live in Colorado. Today, I was wearing one of my "vintage" Butterick 5033(see my version of B5033) dresses, you know the kind with the full skirt. I love these style patterns.

Anyway, I decided to go out to get some lunch. I mean it's over 70 degrees in early March, come on, no way was I going to pass up a nice day. As I'm heading to the little
restaurant a not-so-unusual gust of wind came. Up went my dress. Envision Marilyn standing over the steam grate, and her dress billowing up around her legs; now envision me in the middle of a parking lot during the lunch break. I manage to grab the full hem of my skirt, and place my hands and purse in strategic locations!

I now have a totally new found respect for my Mother's generation, and am convinced that they must have worn pantaloons or something under these dresses (Believe me I'll be asking her when I talk to her on the phone!).

3 comments:

  1. Sandy.- I left an award for you on my blog. enjoy.

    greetings, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pantaloons might work. Lol. Great dress either way. Maybe you were channeling your inner Marilyn and it just didn't fully work. *wink*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, Sorry I missed this news, Congratulaitons to you and your daughter. I know this feeling well my oldest son's high scool team also won State Championships in basketball and it's a time she'll remember.

    Good luck with the prom and graduation.

    ReplyDelete