So a dear friend of mine was telling me how she had all of the shirts from her sorority. It’s been over 30 years since she pledged. So I decided to make her a T-shirt quilt with some of them.
Well I started on this last year, and “life” got in the way. But I finally got it done! Tomorrow it gets shipped out tot he east coast.
I found a African wax print that went perfect with the pink and green colors. The blocks on either end of the center t-shirt were made with the logo from several polo shirts:
I decided I needed to put some type of label on it. At first I thought I’d embroider a label on my embroidery machine. But that was going to take to long. So I decided to print one on my computer. I purchased some photo fabric from a local store.

I used Microsoft Word to generate the label and printed it on my printer. I even soaked it in water to ensure that it was permanent. And it was!!!! I left a 1/2” border around it, which I tucked under and hand stitched in place
I’m hoping she likes it.
Happy Sewing !!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment