Well life continues to throw “surprises” at you. “What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.”
I just recently had outpatient surgery so I’m restricted with my mobility for the next couple of days. Before I went into surgery, I prepared a “sew-care” package. My Sew-Care package contains some hand sewing that I am working on.
During covid I started working on a design I found in American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine, Issue 164. The pattern is called Lunch Circle.
The quilt in the magazine has about 6 rounds. I’ve decided to go for 10 rounds. Instead of making this a table mat, I’m going to turn it into a centerpiece for a quilt. I’m almost there I’ve got 8 rounds done.
I also included a little thread/needed holder. I found a handmade thread/needle holder at an antique mall and decided to reverse engineer it to make one for my self (I hate I didn’t take pictures of it before I took it apart). I made a paper pattern for it.
Here’s a photo of the external of the holder. It resembles a cloth-version of a lipstick holder. I get farther along, I’ll post photos of the internals when I get farther along with it.
Happy Sewing ……….



No comments:
Post a Comment