Saturday, March 4, 2017

Just One, thats all it takes.....

I hope this finds everyone in blogland doing well.  I haven't posted much over the past month, because I've been very busy doing non-sewing things.

I am a professional storyteller.  So during the first couple of months (January-March) of every year, I travel to schools, universities, churches, and organizations throughout the area and share history.  I call them "Stories of  Wisdom, Stories of Truth".  Some are based on actual events,some are the stories I heard groing up in the south; but they all are meant to make you think.  Think about who you are, who you will become, and what impact you want to leave on those around you.

So you ask why am I sharing this.  Recently I had the great honor to present at Broomfield United Methodist Church in Broomfield, CO. They have 5 services each Sunday, and I was given the pulpit for all 5 services!   The pastor gave me the opportunity to share a story "Just One".

I tend to be reserved and typically don't share any of my stories via internet, etc. The church recorded this story and has posted it to their website.  So I'm breaking new ground here, and I thought I'd share the link to the video recording with you all.

"Just one" is the story of the two amazing women pictured below.  I have been given permission by them to share their story:
Replacing link to photo with photo (4/18/18)



BTW, The quilt was made by the taller woman in this picture; so I guess this is slightly sewing related 😊.

May all of you have an amazing day, and may tomorrow be better than today!!!!

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I was so moved by your family story that I have shared it with my family. I have read your blog over the years mainly because I too am a tall woman and have tall children. I've seen photos of your gorgeous family and admired them. I am a Police Sergeant in Philadelphia. A few years back a man came to me while I walked the beat. He stopped me outside a supermarket and wanted me to meet his wife. He proceeded to tell me that I had arrested him about five years before and that arrest changed his life. He had met this beautiful woman after he was released from prison and they went on to have two beautiful children. I was happy for him and I think of him often. I too feel that you never know who that person is going to be who you affect or who's life you change. I truly appreciate you sharing this story. I will continue to share it with others. :)

    ReplyDelete