I don’t’ know why but that song “Look at that Doggie in the
Window” comes to mind when I think of these quilt hangings.
Both of my boys have pets, so I decided to make some wall
hangings to commemorate this for the holidays.
One son and his wife has a dog, so I had to do a quilt with
dogs in it. I came across this adorable
quilt, “Mixed Muts” by Lunch Box Quilts:
I did the wall hanging version.
For this quilt I did 4 rows of parallel quilting in the outer border and a row of decorative stitching at the top and bottom of each dog square.
My other son and his wife have 2 cats and a dog, so I had to
do a wall hanging that reflects that.
Lunch Box Quilts also makes a version of the above quilt but with
cats. It’s called, “Cat’s
Meow”:
For his quilt, I combined squares from the two quilts, so
that I would have 2 cats and a dog.
On this one for the border I got a chance to try my free hand quilting in the outer border.
This was all
applique embroidery and was done on my Bernina 830. These are simple
quilts to make. Its just a matter of "hurry up and wait", as you are
swapping fabric for the applique parts.
Sorry for the poor quality of pictures; but took these in a hurry as my kids were heading back home.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
Happy Sewing. . . .




No comments:
Post a Comment