Sunday, September 21, 2014

McCall 6713, The Mock Wrap

I've been sewing, just haven't been sewing.  Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be catching up on my posting.

So here is McCall 6713:


I chose to make view D with the sleeves, shortened to 3/4 length.



I also chose to underline the dress with some knit tricot that I bought months ago by the bolt from Fabric.com when it was 50% off.  So of course I bought an two bolts one in black and in ivory.

Last year my husband and I went to LA, and of course I made a stop at Michael Levin's  by the Pound store, and found this amazing fabric to make the dress from:
Since this was from the bargain bin, I had to work with what I had, so there wasn't quite enough for
me to to two layers to the mock-wrap piece, so I used some of the black tricot for the backside of the mock-wrap.


So here is the final dress: 






Pattern Review:


Pattern Description:  McCall 6713, View D

Pattern Sizing: Size 14/ bust 36

Did it look like the photo/drawing on pattern once you were done sewing: Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
  I love this pattern, and the fit is awesome.

Fabric Used:  tricot for underlining from Fabric.com, spandex knit from Michael Levine's Loft

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: 
  -- One thing I did do was add some tricot fusible interfacing around the neckline, to keep if from 
       stretching when the underlining was sewn around the neckline and front opening.



  -- Also added width in the hip area to accommodate my hips/rear.

  -- Added 6 inches to length.
  
  -- Did back layer of mock wrap piece in black tricot (ran out of fabric).

Would you sew it again?   YES!, I've already done so, and will be posting it to blog.


Happy Sewing . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Really cute. I won that pattern in a box give away and have never really considered cutting into it. But now.....

    ReplyDelete