Saturday, August 2, 2014

Vintage Sewing Pledge 2014

Just recently I cam across the Vintage Sewing Pledge (badge is in my side menu). The pledge is to make at least 5 sewing patterns in 2014.  I'm a little late joining; but don't think I'll have a problem meeting the pledge.

The blog is written by Marie at "A Stitch Odyssey". 

The patterns that I am considering making and already have the fabric allotted for: 

Vogue 794 (which has recently be reprinted by Vogue; I got my hands on this little beauty a couple of years ago):



The other pattern I'm looking at is Vogue 1194.  I finally found a artificial black fur (that looks real!) to put on the end of the scarf.  And as natural, I have an overstock of wool in my stash to use for it.
 
 
Another pattern that I have fabric for is Vogue 7190:
 
Add caption
 
 
Finally, I'm also hoping to get to this Advance 9522: 
 
 
 
Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes!
 
Happy Sewing . . . . .
 

4 comments:

  1. happy sewing to you! I made a vintage cape a few years back for a challenge & really loved it

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm looking forward to completing these. I'll have to do some pattern alterations first; but it'll be worth it.

      Delete
  2. I am eager to see all of these vintage beauties made up especially the one with the fur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the pattern traced for one, and altered. Onto the muslin. . .

      Delete