After seeing Mimi’s version of a maxi with with a front slit, I thought I’d give it a try. It looks so comfy and easy to wear.
I had used this fabric to make a strapless dress in its previous incarnation.
I never wore the dress, since I just wasn't comfortable with it. It had elastic above the bust and at the waistline, and I always had this nightmare of me stepping on the hem and it sliding down. So I decided to reconstruct it.
After taking the strapless maxi apart; I took McCall 6752 and altered it to come up with my own maxi. View D has a similar styling above the waist.

I changed the skirt portion. I wanted a little more fullness at the bottom, so I cut the bottom half 3 sizes larger than the size I needed and tapered it to the appropriate waist size. Of course I had to add extra length to get it to the floor length that I wanted.
I had a black leather belt that I chose to use with the dress, and a pair of gladiator sandals. Here is my front slit maxi dress:
Happy Sewing . . .

great refashion of the pattern, by the time I'm done hacking my patterns my projects become custom made lol! great job on the dress!
ReplyDeleteHelen