Saturday, July 5, 2014

Black and White coloring in my life

Remember Simplicity 2702 and the "fish" dress? 

Well I had a piece of black/white stripe fabric in my stash:

DSC_0008

I found this fabric at a couple of years ago at an estate sale.  Originally, I thought I'd make a skirt from it,  but decided this dress would work nicely out of this fabric.

DSC_0009   DSC_0014
Front View                                                     Back View
After the first stitching of this pattern, this became an even quicker sew.
A couple of days ago I did a stop at my local DSW, and found the perfect shoes to go with this dress. they are black and white like the dress:

DSC_0011       DSC_0012

As for the 4th of July, I've decided to celebrate by doing a sewing marathon.  I just altered McCall 6713, and finished it last night.

Happy Sewing and Hope you had a joyful 4th of July . . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment