Tuesday, June 24, 2014

When is a muslin, not a muslin?


When it fits you the first time and its made out of this adorable “fish” print:
DSC_0114
I decided that I needed some loose fitting dresses, as I am still dealing with the shingles.

Since I had the fish-fabric in my stash from many years ago when my daughter was small, I figured I’d use it to make a muslin from. Well turns out the muslin turned out nicely and was perfect fit.  So I decided to keep it as a dress.
dress2
I also found a pair of adorable flats with an ankle strap on them to wear with the dress.  The shoes are red and appear to be out of a wool.  They are call Penny Loves Kenny Shoes and are called “Gyrta”.   I found these at Off Broadway Shoes for only $9.00.
  dress1

Simplicity 2702 – Pattern Review:

Did it look like the photo? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? I found it very easy to stitch together.  It took only about 2 hours total (that was with me hand-stitching the hem and joke facing).  One change that I did make in the construction was attaching the yoke to the dress.  I attached it in 3 sections: (1) around the neckline, (2) the sides of the joke, and finally (3) across the bottom of the yoke.  (I’ll have to post photos on the steps I did later).

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I made the top in a size 16.  The only change I made was adding 3 inches to the length.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I’ve already done so.  I would definitely recommend it.  It’s a quick sew, and very comfy to wear.

Conclusion:   This is a quick sew, and the dress is very comfortable to wear.

2014-06-24

Happy Sewing . . . .

3 comments:

  1. Aww. So cute!

    Hope you recover soon!!! My coworker is having horrific complications due to shingles including deafness and paralysis :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't quite appreciate what my doctor meant when he said I got off lucky, until I heard stories of others that had shingles. I hope your co-workers recovers soon and with no permanent side affects.

      Delete
  2. The dress is lovely. Shingles--ouch--how well I remember my own experience. :(. Wishin you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete