Thursday, June 12, 2014

Adding Color to my Life , gradually . . .

 
So I have definitely been sewing, just not blogging much.
I don't know about most of you, but I realized my wardrobe was becoming "shades of Grey", so to speak.  Most of my wardrobe is dark colors, such as dark blue, grey, black, etc.
So I definitely have to add more color to my wardrobe.  When I was younger I swore off a lot of the African prints. It wasn't because I didn't like them.  It was because as a 6 foot introvert, I felt all that print on me would just draw attention. (Oh my, the things we think when we are young!).  I bought them but used them in quilts (I'll have to post my latest quilt for I made for one of my son's).
Well with the latest fashion craze being these amazing prints.  I decided maybe I should spruce up my wardrobe.  One of my first foray's into this was the use of this fabric:
I didn't have enough fabric for a dress, but decided a skirt would be appropriate.  Sometime ago I saw instructions for the "High-Waisted Sash Skirt";

Changes I made to the tutorial:
  • Used an invisible zipper in the center back, instead of the side
  • Added belt-loops to waistband to hold sash
  • Lengthened at knee
It only took about 2 hours to complete.
Here is the finished skirt.
DSC_0003
Close up of belt loops. . .

DSC_0057.NEF 

Happy Sewing . . . . 











No comments:

Post a Comment