Friday, June 13, 2014

Continuing to add color. . .

Since I'm still "adding color" to my wardrobe, I thought I would make a dress.  I came across this pattern:

I thought this would be a great way to invite Spring Summer to Colorado.  Of course I had to make the more conservative view of this dress; I mean hey, I want to be able to wear my version to work!
The biggest alteration that I had to do was the front bust area.  This was relatively easy, since the dress has princess seams in the front.  I also added about 1/2 inch to the waste.  I also added 4 inches to the length of the skirt.
The fabric I used is on a diagonal print, and I wanted to try to match those seams up as much as possible.
 DSC_0001
(Why oh why do I have to make my sewing life so complicated?).  Being a seamstress like most of you, I have OCD when it comes to my designs matching up.  It took me some time, in that I had to cut the pieces individually to ensure the design flowed.  I'm pleased that I took the extra effort, and think it makes such a bold statement.  What do you think?
Full Dress:
DSC_0053
Photos of waistband seaming from front and side:
DSC_0054DSC_0052
 
Happy Sewing . . .









No comments:

Post a Comment