Well, I dropped my daughter off at college. I am now an "empty nester".

It's strange not to have any kids in the house. Actually, it is way to QUIET! I never thought I'd say that, but it is. So now I'm trying to get a new schedule for my day, one not centered around kids.
In the mean time, the first thing I did when I got home was started digging up the yard. I have rocks along my driveway, and grass was peeking thru, so I decided now was as good a time as any to replace the lining underneath them. My husband thought I'd lost my mind; but I told him it was way too quiet in the house, and I wasn't ready to go inside yet. So each weekend I'll be working on a section of the driveway until the entire thing has been done.
After it got to hot to dig up rocks, I came inside and started sewing. I got my muslin done for my vintage dress (I'll have to include pics later). Then I decided to do something quick and easy. I came across the purse organizer, and decide it would be quick and simple. I had some upholstery fabric that a friend gave me, so I decided to use it. The fabric was reversible.

It was very quick and simple project. It took a total of maybe 30 minutes to do, and has been a real plus in making my purse look a lot nicer on the inside.

Organizer on its side, like it would be in my purse.

After I got all of that done, I decided to clean my sewing room. Its amazing how much bigger it looks when its clean!
I also started back on my pants. I figure since it'll be fall here soon, I'm getting in the right frame of mind for pants.
It's strange not to have any kids in the house. Actually, it is way to QUIET! I never thought I'd say that, but it is. So now I'm trying to get a new schedule for my day, one not centered around kids.
In the mean time, the first thing I did when I got home was started digging up the yard. I have rocks along my driveway, and grass was peeking thru, so I decided now was as good a time as any to replace the lining underneath them. My husband thought I'd lost my mind; but I told him it was way too quiet in the house, and I wasn't ready to go inside yet. So each weekend I'll be working on a section of the driveway until the entire thing has been done.
After it got to hot to dig up rocks, I came inside and started sewing. I got my muslin done for my vintage dress (I'll have to include pics later). Then I decided to do something quick and easy. I came across the purse organizer, and decide it would be quick and simple. I had some upholstery fabric that a friend gave me, so I decided to use it. The fabric was reversible.
It was very quick and simple project. It took a total of maybe 30 minutes to do, and has been a real plus in making my purse look a lot nicer on the inside.
Organizer on its side, like it would be in my purse.

After I got all of that done, I decided to clean my sewing room. Its amazing how much bigger it looks when its clean!
I also started back on my pants. I figure since it'll be fall here soon, I'm getting in the right frame of mind for pants.
I felt the same way when my son left for college. He is in his second year now and it gets better with time. I love that purse organizer!
ReplyDeleteI have two daughters only one left for college. My first husband was deceased so I didn't experience the empty next thing. My friendly advice though is don't forget about your husband. Now's a great time to start courting him or dating him all over again!
ReplyDelete