Monday, June 2, 2008

Vogue 8491 Completed and On to Vintage

Well its done! And I'm really pleased with how it turned out. (Forgive me not smiling, but I never liked to take pix - As I learn to use the self-portrait timer on my camera, I now know why my husband and kids are always complaining about how hard it is to get a picture of me smiling)

I'm going to add a little weight at the hem in the back near the bottom of the slit, I think that will make it hang so much better. I could have placed the center back such that the design didn't fall so close to the seam line on both sides. I was so focused on the design direction (nap). There are no regrets on this one and I am loving the fit! I will definitely be making this again!


The pattern was very simple to. Its fully lined. I was given a label with the fabric so of course I had to put that in with my own label:


Also another thing that I have started doing is putting the "eye" portion of a hook & eye set at the top of slit openings that are on a seam. It helps cut down on the stress at the seam.

Now on to my next project, I just bought my first vintage pattern.

I've got a piece of red linen that I think would look really nice in this.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress, Sandy! You look lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy .- you can be pleased, clothing looks splendid. Congratulations, is very well fitted to his silhouette. Put your weight into the opening, will be the final touch for a perfect drop. Ahhh. the pattern vintage is divine. greetings. Paco

    ReplyDelete