Monday, June 9, 2008

Mom and Vintage Patterns

My youngest son just graduated from college this weekend, and pretty much my entire family came to witness the graduation and celebrate. Well my mom and dad bought an extra suitcase, and my mom blessed me with a suitcase full of vintage patterns! There were over 30 patterns in the suitcase. A lady gave them to her; she knew that my mom sewed, and told her to do whatever she liked with them. Well needless to say she thought of me, her eldest!

Here's a picture of a few of them.






Most were in my bust size, can you believe it! I don't know where to start. So many fabrics, ideas, patterns, but so little time.

All I could do was hug her over and over again (My Dad couldn't figure out why I was so excited about a "box of old patterns"). I knew God put that woman in my life for a reason, if only to bring me a suitcase full of vintage patterns. I always knew she was the perfect mom, but now she has taken perfection to a whole new level.

Oh well, time for me to stop ranting about my mom and start sewing.

4 comments:

  1. Sandy .- two beautiful stories, full of love, of course. The his sister is very affectionate and patterns, I can say, are great, you enjoy them and make beautiful clothes. congratulations. Ahhh. Congratulations also by the graduation of his son ....!!! as the years pass, right? ....... Best wishes, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love those vintage sewing patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those are so cool! Your mind must be on overdrive thinking about what to sew first......I'd be. lol

    Congrats, those are jewels for sure :)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete