Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fabric Store Friday: The Cotton Patch, Brookhaven Mississippi

Recently I went to Mississippi for vacation.  My mom wanted to go to this little fabric store she had heard of.  It was called "The Cotton Patch"
The Cotton Patch
838 Auburn Drive Sw
Brookhaven, MS 39601
When you first drive past it doesn't appear to be much to it.  But as you pull into the parking lot you notice that there are additional buildings.  The store is actually a collection of 6 buildings similar to this one.
Each building has a different collection of fabric.  One building is full of antiques and custom made items:


There are 3 buildings full of upholstery, home decor, fashion fabrics, and notions:





Then there was the building full of quilting fabrics, this one actually used to be a 3 bedroom home and every room is packed with quilting fabrics and notions:

Then there was the main building (the first picture) which had flannels, etc in it (Sorry, I didn't take pictures inside that building.  My mom and I were in fabric heaven!

I asked one of the sales workers how long the shop had been open.  She said it was for at least 30 years (How did I miss this!).  I will definitely be making this a stop when I go to Mississippi.

So if you ever are in the Brookhaven, MS area this place is a must see!

Happy Sewing . .

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I was just in Brookhaven in April....will be stopping next time I go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete