Pattern Description:
Misses Dress and Belt: View D: Very loose-fittin, pullover dress with bias neck binding, gathers, seam detail and narrow hem
Pattern Sizing:
Made Dress in Medium
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes Dress looked exactly like pattern
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes instructions were very simple and straight forward. I think a beginner seamstress could make this dress with little problem.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I wanted a "no-brainer" sewing project, and this was definitely it! I just love how it flows when wearing it. Its very comfortable to walk in.
Fabric Used:
Cotton fabric; I found this fabric at Hancock earlier this summer on the clearance table for $2/yard.
I feel in love with the print, " PEACE" in bold neon green on a black back ground. Of course like
every hoarder, I bought the fabric before I knew what I would make out of it. Be prepared, this dress calls for a LOT of fabric. I've nicknamed it the "PEACE Dress"!
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did my usual height adjustment; I added 5 1/2 inch to the overall length of the dress. Other than that there were no additional fitting adjustments needed.
I also made a seam in the center front and center back pieces, because I was low in fabric. The dress is so full that you really don't notice the seam. I also decided to do french seams on the dress also; this dress calls for a LOT of fabric.
I also made the hem a 5/8" double fold hem, I just wanted a little more weight at the bottom of the dress. For those windy moments we have here in the west, this makes sure it has a finished look. I chose to do hand sew my hem, since I didn't want anything to distract from the fabric. (But you could machine hem it if you like).
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Most definitely!
Conclusion:
This dress takes very little time and effort to sew. It is just so much fun to wear; especially with flat ankle sandals!
Happy Sewing . . . . .
Happy Sewing . . . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment