Well, over the past months I have been doing a considerable amount of sewing related traveling. (Yipee!!!!). But before I get to that let me bring you up to date.
First of all I am officially an empty nester; have been for quite sometime, but I think it just hit me as to what that really means:
1. No more kids in the house and all that intails - no Mom-taxi, greatly reduced noise levels.
2. I can now travel anytime and anywhere I want and only be concerned about me, myself, and I.
3. I now have more disposable income, since I don't have to cover the kids expenses
Now as anyone knows that is way-y-y-y too much freedom. After 20+ years of raising kids why would I think I could handle this. So my daughter "loved her dad to death", and convinced him he needed a dog. So you know where this is going right?
This is someone I want you to meet:
His name is Watson. My husband decided he wanted a dog. Now mind you I don't have a problem with dogs. Its just that I grew up in the deep south where dogs stayed in the yard, and had their own dog house. I'm not used to having them underfoot in the house. Besides, a yard dog is not practical in Colorado.
Anyway my requirement was:
- The dog had to come from the local shelter
- Had to be hypo-allergetic (since I have allergies)
- Not very big (actually the smaller the better), and a puppy so we could train them
- Cannot have free roam of my house
- I was not going to be cleaning behind it :(
What are the chances of finding that in a shelter, right. Well its amazing what can happen when, as my husband says, "God is on your side".
Behold, meet Watson, a pure-breed miniature schnauzer; from the local shelter. He was only 3 months when we got, he won't get more than 14 pounds. He came from a home with two miniature schnauzers that had puppies, and the owner decided it was too much to keep the entire litter of puppies. He has minimal shedding; recommended for folks with allergies. He doesn't bark inside; was potty trained very quickly. He's only had one accident; the one time my husband thought it was cute how Watson, sat and looked out the patio door - I tell folks the dog was potty trained, I had to train my husband to "listen" to the dog). He has an excellent temperment. Doesn't go upstairs nor into the carpeted rooms in my house (The family room and dinette area are his domain). My husband has him in obedience classes; he can sit, laydown, goes in his kennel, etc on command.
My husband thinks I'm the greatest wife in the world! I told him he owes me big time for this one (look out fabric, I"m coming to save you from years of isolation in a fabric store).
And so now we have a dog; it sucks when God is on the other persons side :).
He is adorable! Now you can make some dog coats and beds, etc. LOL
ReplyDelete