Sunday, May 27, 2012

The bag. . ..

Well, this is the bag that I was supposed to be making for my PR weekend trip to New York.  But regretfully it didn't get finished until  after I got back (Hey better late than never :) ).
Simplicity 2275 made from denim.
 I wanted something that would be close to my body (sort of like the old saddle-bags).  This bag fits that bill.  It has plenty of storage compartments, 3 zippered and 2 flap pockets on the front.

Zippered pocket inside of bag
Zippered pocket on shoulder strap
Zippered compartment in middle

Pocket on front



For the most part the bag is pretty much done (just got some loose threads, etc to cut off).   It wears very nicely.  Wish I had gotten it done prior to my NY trip; but at least I got it done before the summer jazz series starts up. I've got some top stitch left to do also.  But it looks good, considering this is my first attempt at a bag.

Oh yes, I'm doing all I can to save all those potentially orphaned sewingmachines.  Today I found this little beaut, a white featherweight.  Isn't she pretty?  It works like a champ. 
This machine will join its brother ( back featherweigth ) for sewing travels to classes and my folks.


So this extended weekend I will be sewing up a storm.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment