Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just wanted to share...

I have been working on a vintage dress for the past month made from silk dupionni. I underlined the entire dress, and have finally gotten to the point where I'm ready to make a custom belt to go with it. I found a 3" wide buckle, but then discovered that 3" wide belt backing is no longer readily available. The only place I found that had it, required me to buy 100 yards. I mean I do want to make at least 3 belts, but believe me 100 yards is WAY-Y-Y too much.

Well I finally decided to send an e-mail to a couple of sewing suppliers. Well guess what, G-Street fabrics called me directly and came to the rescue. One of the ladies in customer service called me and told me I could accomplish what I need using buckram or "lamp shade" material. She's sending me samples of each! She also gave me instructions on using either, and recommendations on the the best to use for a fabric belt from silk duppioni. I should get the samples by Monday.

She even gave me her direct phone number, so that if I had any questions at all I could call her. Now, HOW COOL IS THAT! I always go there when we go to visit relatives in Baltimore, and now they've just cinched me as a mail-order customer, also. I can't wait to get the dress completed (belt and all) and post the pix.

So if you have any questions about a hard to find sewing item, then I highly recommend sending a e-mail to G-STREET!

2 comments:

  1. That's great, customer service is crucial!!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. ASG Elections are being held on 10/24. I'm going to AT for the annual conference, can't wait!!!!! I'll let you know how things go next weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are people out there that will make the effort :)
    It's so nice when this happens.

    ReplyDelete